It all began with an attempt to make a hat that looked like an acorn cap. I had trouble though getting the texture of the hat to be "acorny" enough. And I decided to change the brim so the back was turned up and the front had a pointed tip. After tinkering with several prototypes I ended up with a hat style that looked almost like a fantasy archery hat. I called them my "Fae Fedoras," and you might still see a few photos of them floating around Pinterest.
I wasn't satisfied with the Fae Fedoras though. After making a few I decided that they were missing something, some wow factor that would take them from being merely cute to being something truly unique and interesting. I started experimenting with ways I could incorporate a crinkled hat tail (like the ones on my witch/wizard hats) into the design. After a few sketches I made the attempt and came up with a new prototype.
The hat was starting to really shape up. But there was still something missing. Snow was still on the ground outside when I finally decided to add a curl to the front brim. The idea was so compelling that I put it together immediately. Finally! The hat looked GREAT! It had so much personality and just the right amount of magic and whimsy! But it was then that Grumpy Husband reminded me (in his oh-so-gentle manner) that it was the middle of the winter and it would be months before we could really go outside and take some photos of the hat that would do it justice.
So I waited. And I schemed. And I bought lots of little things to put together the perfect outfit. Just this week the weather was warm enough, the sky was cloudy enough, everything was just the way I wanted it to be! I put on my outfit and we went to take photos of my brand new hat style.
I am so excited to introduce to you the brand new Fantasy Fedora! Let me know what you think!