Hat Care Instructions - Do's and Don'ts
- DON'T store your hat with all its weight resting on its brim.
- DO store your hat on a foam head, a tall glass bottle, or similar object to support the hat. (Foam heads are best.)
- DON'T store your hat in a place with high humidity such as a bathroom or basement.
- DO store your hat someplace dry and out of the way. It may help to run a dehumidifier nearby if you typically have very humid weather.
Caring for Hats in the Outdoors
- DON'T wear your hat outside in the rain, snow, or any other sort of precipitation. Your hat has some water resistance (so accidents are okay) but it is not waterproof.
- DO spray your hat with NeverWet inside and out to give it extra protection against moisture and the elements if you plan to wear it outside in moist weather. Hats sprayed with NeverWet though are not eligible for my free reblocking program.
- DON'T panic if your hat warps or loses its shape. Even with the best-of-care this can happen. I offer free reblocking, which means if you send me the hat I will give it back its shape and make it just like new again. All you have to do is pay for shipping. Check out the reblocking program page for details. Hats sprayed with NeverWet or other weatherproofing agents are not eligible for free reblocking.
- DO check out my reblocking page for details and contact me with any questions.
- If the tip of your hat's tail curl becomes "uncurly" wrap it around a wooden dowel and secure it in place with a safety pin. Spray with heavy laundry starch and let it dry overnight. Unwind it from the dowel and it should be in better shape.